Virtual therapy sessions & groups to help your child & family, no matter where you live.
Our Vision & Focus
- To achieve “online” what you would expect with “face to face” consultations. Always focusing on quality outcomes. -
We are pleased to announce that we are now offering you the choice to access Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology and Social Work, virtually. Over 10 years in the making, with much planning, development and training, we now give you additional choice and control on how you access Occumax.
Support where and when you need it most
We are now well equipped to deliver “online”, the quality of service that you and your children deserve, right in the comfort of your home. Our Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Social Worker are ready to run, so if you are unable to physically see us for an appointment, why not book a virtual session instead?
Rest assured that you’re protected
Occumax Virtual uses a secure, Australian platform called Coviu, so you can rest assured that your privacy is protected. Coviu was developed in collaboration with the CSIRO specifically for health care. There is no software to download and you can access our services with your mobile device or laptop/Desktop provided you have an internet connection.
The online advantage
- Research shows that online therapy is just as effective as being there in person.
- No travel, no rush and no stress trying to get to Occumax on time.
- Your kids are much more relaxed and comfortable in their home environment.
- Parents become more confident, knowledgeable and empowered by being hands on.
The power of therapy in your home
- You will already have all the resources you need right in your own home.
- “Can you show me your room” is a great ice breaker and can help to create a great bond between your child and your Therapists.
- Pets are a fantastic talking point as well.
- We will let you know beforehand what you might need i.e. ball (small and medium sized), lego, clothes pegs, cotton buds.
- We can even do therapy outside. Sand pit therapy. “Can you show me how you can ride your bike/scooter”. Can you build me a robot out of “your” lego. These things we can’t offer on site.
- You can work on all the goals that you would normally work on in a face to face session and more.
Why not book a virtual session now?
Ask your therapist or our receptionist to book your next appointment as a virtual therapy session. Alternatively you can book a virtual therapy session on our website at https://www.occumax.com.au/appointments/ under the Phone & Video Consultations tab.
Book A Virtual Therapy Session
Book online or call our office on 07 4818 0445 to make an appointment for your child.
Use the enquiry form below or call us on 07 4818 0445 to have all your virtual therapy questions answered.
We value your privacy and would never spam you