Our fees are an investment in your child's future.
Effective 1st July 2019
Initial Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Social Work Consultation or Assessment
Billed at our hourly rate for the time taken. For most children this is 1.5 hours in duration. The prices below are an approximate estimate only, however, this is the amount you would be charged for a 1.5 hour consultation.
- Private Fee Paying Clients: approx. $276
- NDIS Participants purchasing services with their NDIS funding: approx. $290.98
- Helping Children With Autism & Better Start Clients: approx $270
- Third Party Payers: approx $320.07*
45 Minute Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Social Work or NDIS Specialist Support Coordination Session
- Private Fee Paying Clients: $138
- NDIS Participants purchasing services with their NDIS funding: $145.49
- Helping Children With Autism & Better Start Clients: $135
- Third Party Payers: $160.03*
Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Social Work or NDIS Specialist Support Coordination Services Billed by the Hour
- Private Fee Paying Clients: $184/hour
- NDIS Participants purchasing services with their NDIS funding Clients: $193.99/hour
- Helping Children With Autism & Better Start Clients: $180/hour
- Third Party Payers: $213.38*/hour
Where therapist time is billed by the hour, it includes all therapeutic services, as deemed to be necessary by the clinician, to deliver clinically relevant interventions so that the client can achieve their goals.
- Extended therapy sessions
- Scoring & interpreting assessment results (normally 15 – 45 mins)
- Written, phone or in person communication by your child’s therapist with teachers, doctors, allied health professionals and other stakeholders to provide consultation, training and/or collaboration to support your child’s therapy goals and plan.
- Home program development
- Comprehensive report writing e.g. Developmental Assessment Reports for Paediatricians or school, NDIS review reports, NDIS assistive technology applications.
- Brief report and letter writing to parents, teachers, doctors etc.
- Email correspondence to parents, teachers, doctors etc.
- Completing forms e.g. for NDIS, Centrelink, school etc.
Group Therapy Sessions For All Clients
Travel to Deliver Offsite Services
Return travel is charged at the rate of the therapy appointment. Travel is capped at 30 mins each way for Mackay area visits and 60 mins each way for regional area. Remote areas by negotiation. Where possible, therapists try to cluster appointments with other clients so that travel can be shared between clients. The Modified Monash Model is used to determine the rate that applies to a particular area.
Occumax has a “no exceptions” cancellation fee policy. We understand that children get sick and things happen so we give each child two Cancellation Fee Waiver Vouchers per year which can be applied to your cancellation fee invoice.
Cancellation fees are charged at the rate of 90% of the Scheduled Appointment Fee if cancellations are made after 3:00pm on the day before the scheduled appointment.
If your child is sick, for their health and well-being and that of other clients and our staff, please cancel or reschedule their appointment.
A Note To NDIS Participants
The NDIS rate applies to all NDIS participants, irrespective of how their plan is managed e.g. NDIA managed, Plan Management Agency managed or Self-Managed. This is because all services that are purchased through NDIS funding are subject to being delivered by services that meet the National Quality & Safeguard Commission's NDIS Practice Standards. Where an NDIS self-managed participant has exhausted their plan budget and chooses to continue paying privately for services, a new service agreement will need to be negotiated with Occumax before they can be offered the private fee paying client rate.