Our fees are an investment in your child's future.
Effective 1st July 2021
Initial Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Speech Pathology or Social Work Consultation or Assessment
Billed at our hourly rate for the time taken. For most children this is 1.5 hours in duration. The prices below are an approximate estimate only, however, this is the amount you would be charged for a 1.5 hour consultation + 15 minutes non-face to face time for documenting assessment findings in your child's medical record. Other variable costs such as scoring & interpreting assessment results or report writing (if requested) are charged in addition to the consultation fee. See the Non-Face To Face Services section below for details.
- Private Fee Paying Clients: approx. $322
- NDIS Participants purchasing services with their NDIS funding: approx. $339.48
- Third Party Payers: approx. $373.43*
45 Minute Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology or Social Work Session + 10 Minutes Non-Face To Face Time for Session Planning & Documenting Progress Notes in Your Child's Medical Record
- Private Fee Paying Clients: $168.67
- NDIS Participants purchasing services with their NDIS funding: $178.46
- Third Party Payers: $196.30*
50 Minute Psychology + 10 Minutes Non-Face To Face Time for Session Planning & Documenting Progress Notes in Your Child's Medical Record
- Private Fee Paying Clients: $184
- NDIS Participants purchasing services with their NDIS funding: $193.98
- Third Party Payers: $213.37*
60 Minute Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, or Social Work Session + 10 Minutes Non-Face To Face Time for Session Planning & Documenting Progress Notes in Your Child's Medical Record
- Private Fee Paying Clients: $214.67
- NDIS Participants purchasing services with their NDIS funding: $226.96
- Third Party Payers: $246.65*
Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Speech Pathology, Social Work or Services Billed by the Hour
- Private Fee Paying Clients: $184/hour
- NDIS Participants purchasing services with their NDIS funding: $193.99/hour
- Third Party Payers: $213.38*/hour
Non-Face To Face Services Billed by the Hour
Where therapist time is billed by the hour, it includes all therapeutic services, as deemed to be necessary by the clinician, to deliver clinically relevant interventions so that the client can achieve their goals.
- Extended therapy sessions
- Virtual therapy sessions and other telepractice methods of service delivery
- Documenting progress notes in your child's medical record after each face-to-face, virtual or phone consultation.
- Scoring & interpreting assessment results (normally 15 – 45 mins)
- Written, phone or in person communication by your child’s therapist with teachers, doctors, allied health professionals and other stakeholders to provide consultation, training and/or collaboration to support your child’s therapy goals and plan.
- Home program development
- Comprehensive report writing e.g. Developmental Assessment Reports for Paediatricians or school, NDIS review reports, NDIS assistive technology applications, NDIS functional capacity assessment reports.
- Brief report and letter writing to parents, teachers, doctors etc.
- Email correspondence to parents, teachers, doctors etc.
- Completing forms e.g. for NDIS, Centrelink, school etc.
Allied Health Group Therapy Sessions For All Clients
For groups that run for 12 weeks or less, group participation is on the condition that the participant is entering into a "program of supports" to work towards achieving a specific outcome. The participant is required to pay for each session within the "program of supports", whether they attended the group or not. Two weeks notice must be given if they wish to withdraw from the group.
- Fees are as quoted in the invitation letter for the group that your child is enrolled in.
- Fees are calculated using the therapist's/s hourly rate of $193.99 (plus GST if applicable) divided by the number of participants enrolled in the group program of supports.
- Fees include the facilitators time for session planning, group session with participants, clinical collaboration between group facilitators (if more than 1 therapist is running the group), group set up and clean up, email communication to parents after each group (if applicable), and documenting progress notes in your child's medical record.
Travel to Deliver Offsite Services
Therapist's Travel - Labour Cost (Time)
Return travel is charged at the rate of the therapy appointment. Travel is capped at 30 mins each way for Mackay area visits and 60 mins each way for regional area. Remote areas by negotiation. The Modified Monash Model is used to determine the rate that applies to a particular area. Where possible, therapists try to cluster appointments with other clients so that therapist travel labour costs can be shared between clients. Where more than one therapist travels in the same vehicle to attend an off-site multidisciplinary appointment, labour costs are billed per therapist.
Therapist Travel - Non-Labour Costs
Where costs are incurred in addition to the therapist's time when travelling to deliver off site face-to-face services, such as road tolls, parking fees and vehicle running costs, these costs will be charged to the client. Vehicle running costs are calculated at the rate of $0.78/km. Where possible, therapists try to cluster appointments with other clients so that non-labour travel costs can be shared between clients. Where more than one therapist travels in the same vehicle to attend a multidisciplinary off-site appointment, non-labour travel costs are billed per vehicle incurring the costs.
Occumax has a “no exceptions” cancellation fee policy. We understand that children get sick and things happen so from time to time, we give each child a Cancellation Fee Waiver Voucher which can be applied to your cancellation fee invoice.
Cancellation fees are charged at the rate of 100% of the Scheduled Appointment Fee if cancellations are made after 3:00pm on the day before the scheduled appointment.
If your child is sick, for their health and well-being and that of other clients and our staff, please cancel or reschedule their appointment.
A Note On Services Delivered By Our Provisional Psychologist
- For Private Fee Paying Clients: In accordance with the Australian Psychological Society's recommended fee schedule, the fee for services delivered by our Provisional Psychologist is less than the recommended fee for Registered Psychologists.
- NDIS Participants purchasing services with their NDIS funding: We have received communication from the NDIS which confirms that because of our Psychologist's particular AHPRA registration track (4 + 2) and the type of clinical supervision she receives, we are able to use the Psychologist line items instead of the Counselling line item, when calculating her fees. Therefore we have adopted the same hourly rate for our Provisional Psychologist as our other allied health practitioners. Please note, when a Registered Psychologist is also attending the Provisional Psychologist's consultation, fees are charged at the full NDIS Price Guide fee for Psychologists rather than the Provisional Psychologist's rate, in accordance with NDIS rules. Fees for a supervising Registered Psychologist are $214.41/hour.
A Note To NDIS Participants
The NDIS rate applies to all NDIS participants, irrespective of how their plan is managed e.g. NDIA managed, Plan Management Agency managed or Self-Managed. This is because all services that are purchased through NDIS funding are subject to being delivered by services that meet the National Quality & Safeguard Commission's NDIS Practice Standards. Where an NDIS self-managed participant has exhausted their plan budget and chooses to continue paying privately for services, a new service agreement will need to be negotiated with Occumax before they can be offered the private fee paying client rate.