The Playing and Learning to Socialise (PALS) Social Skills Group is a 10 week program that helps children who have play or social difficulties take their skills to the next level.
What Does PALS Teach?
The PALS Group is an interactive, evidence based program covers foundational communication skills, social and self-regulation skills such as:
- How to say hello
- Sharing & turn taking
- Exploring feelings
- Managing frustration and calming down when upset
- Relaxation techniques
How Are The Groups Run?
PALS is a small group program for children aged between three and six years old. Our groups usually have four to six participants and are facilitated by an Occupational Therapist and/or Speech Pathologist, depending numbers and the needs of the individual children in the group.
Each week has a different theme and learn how to be a good friend through songs, puppet shows, group discussion and a DVD with children modelling appropriate social behaviour and how to overcome conflict or shyness.
After the formal part of each session, our Occupational Therapist and/or Speech Pathologist sets up a number of play activities to elicit the skills being covered that week. Our therapists coach, model and encourage the children to fully engage with the other participants. There are also parent and teacher handouts that you receive after each session so that you can help your child to generalise what they have learnt outside the therapy room.
Details About Our Upcoming Groups
- Tuesday, 12th July 2016, then same time each week for 10 weeks
- 2:45pm - 3:30pm
- The above groups will be held at our office in Paget.
- Children attend the group without their parents as they tend to "get into the play" better when parents are not there. Parents are welcome to wait in one of our therapy rooms and please feel free to help yourself to a cuppa.
- Cost for the program is $700 for private clients and $750 for children with Helping Children With Autism or Better Start funding. Fees can be paid in weekly installments.The fees include all materials.
- A $70 deposit is required for private clients to secure your child place.
- Private health fund rebates are available.
- Helping Children With Autism or Better Start DSS funding can be used for eligible clients.
Enrol Your Child Now
Call our office on 4818 0445 or use the form below to reserve your child's spot in our next PALS Group.
We value your privacy and would never spam you