Our Commitment to Child Safety
Occumax is committed to keeping Queensland's children More than safe.
We will work together so that children, families are cared for, protected, safe and able to reach their full potential. We are committed to the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In practice this means that we will be:
Children, families and communities are at the heart of everything we do.
We work together to achieve better outcomes for children and families.
We lead and empower each other to make change happen.
Charter of Commitment to Children & Young People
Our promises to you...
- Respect: We will treat everyone equally no matter where they are from or who they are. We will make sure everyone feels included and welcome.
- Inform: We will give you information about your physical, emotional and online safety, and what to do if you feel unsafe.
- Give you a voice: We will make sure there are lots of ways for you to have a say and be involved.
- Help: We will listen and act on what you tell us. We will help you with your hopes and dreams as well as your worries and fears.
- Trust: You can trust that we will care about your needs and feelings and will support you. We will continue to get better at what we do.
- Safety: We will make our place happy and comfortable for you.